Attorneys Representing The Injured After Truck Accidents In Indiana And Illinois
About one in every eight highway accidents in the state of Indiana involves a semi truck. At McGlone Law, we provide legal services to clients seeking compensation for semi truck and 18-wheeler accidents. An important initial phase of your truck accident case will be the discovery of the cause of the accident.
Many truck drivers are pressured to meet tight deadlines, which can lead to drowsiness-related accidents. Other common semi-truck driving mistakes and accident factors include the following:
- Driving in unsafe weather conditions
- Excessive speed
- Spilled loads
- Mechanical failure
- Failure to locate vehicles in blind spots
- Aggressive driving to meet deadlines
- Driving with improperly secured loads
- Leaving inadequate space between the truck and other vehicles
In general, most semi trucks are insured up to hundreds of thousands of dollars, but insurance companies work hard to limit their liability. They will likely try to build a case against you as a defense tactic.
Our truck accident attorneys in Terre Haute are well-equipped to pursue the compensation that you need for your medical care, lost wage replacement and acknowledgement of your pain and suffering. We have a full-time investigator on staff who can thoroughly examine the details of your accident by obtaining witness statements and police reports, reviewing surveillance camera footage if available, and then reconstructing the vehicle accident and its likely causes.
Thorough Investigation Of Trucking Accidents
The insurance company of the truck involved will often send out a team to gather evidence immediately after the crash to build a case against you. Having an experienced legal team to investigate the incident and represent you in court can make a dramatic difference.
Important evidence to note after a truck accident includes the following information:
- Whether or not the truck exceeded weight restrictions while on the roadway
- How many hours the trucker was supposed to drive before pulling over for a rest
- Who was allowed to drive the semi truck
- Whether the appropriate licenses were issued to operate the semi truck
- What types of records the trucker was required to keep while traveling
With the guidance of our personal injury attorneys, you can fight to attain compensation for your injuries. We handle every case from the initial consultation until the case is resolved. We will keep you informed every step of the process. Our team in Terre Haute can meticulously investigate the incident, gather evidence, and build your case and present it in court if necessary, even against big insurance companies.